These Terms & Conditions describes your rights and responsibilities related to your use of ChiPRA’s website and Services as a registered Resident member and what you can expect from us. By verifying your account, clicking “register” or by otherwise indicating that you agree, you are agreeing to these terms. If you use CHiPRA’s website but are not a registered member you agree to be bound by these terms.
CHiPRA (Cane Hill Park Residents Association), is a residents association representing Cane HIll Park estate’s residents, ensuring all members are consulted on a regular basis, representing the views of all residents, promotes social and cultural activities across the estate. To find out more please see CHiPRA’s constitution.
BY VERIFYING YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. Eligibility – each household is limited to one representation.
When you register with us you must use your real name, a valid email address and mobile number, to which you have access to.
You may not register if: (1) you are not a resident of the Cane Hill Park estate as defined in the CHiPRA constitution (2) if you are under 16 years old. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you represent that a parent or legal guardian also agrees to this Agreement on your behalf and that you are fully able and competent to enter into this Agreement.
We need your help to enforce these eligibility requirements. If you believe that a member in your neighbourhood does not meet these eligibility requirements, you may report your concerns by contacting us. CHiPRA reserves the right to refuse registration to any person or household and to suspend, delete or deactivate your registration without liability to you.
2. Accurate Registration – submitting inaccurate registration information, registering if you know you don’t meet our eligibility requirements, or otherwise providing false registration information is a violation of this Agreement and could constitute a crime.
5. Newsletters - from time to time CHiPRA will contact you with news and updates on Cane Hill Park estate, we would only contact you if you have verified your account, and have not unsubscribed from receiving this communication. We may also send you reminders about events, and other Services provided by CHiPRA. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting ChiPRA at email@example.com from your registered verified email address.
6. Surveys & questionnaires - for important topics that impact the community we would conduct surveys to determine a consensus among residents of Cane Hill Park estate. The results of the surveys will be made public to the residents, and used to influence respective bodies on behalf of the residents.
7. Feedback – please feel free to share any feedback, suggestions, or ideas you have about CHiPRA and its Services with us, so long as you understand we may have already had the same idea, and you agree that we are free to use any feedback you voluntarily provide with no restriction or obligation (payment or otherwise) to you.
8. Text Messaging - from time to time CHiPRA will contact you with news and updates on Cane Hill Park estate, we would only contact you if you have verified your account, and have not unsubscribed from receiving this communication. We may also send you reminders about events, and other Services provided by CHiPRA. You can unsubscribe at any time.
9. Liability Limits – WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH CHIPRA, INCLUDING THE CHIPRA’S SERVICES, OUR WEBSITE, YOUR USE OF CHIPRA’S SERVICE, OR THIS AGREEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHIPRA BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN £100.
10. Governing Law – this Agreement is governed by English law, without giving effect to any conflict of law principles.
11. Venue and Jurisdiction – England courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear disputes arising in relation to the Agreement.
12. Dispute Resolution – if you have a dispute with CHiPRA, you agree to contact us and try to resolve the dispute informally before pursuing other avenues.
13. No Warranty – CHIPRA AND THE ASSOCIATED WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” We do not promise that any aspect of our website or service will work properly or continuously. We may add, change, or discontinue these services; if you are dissatisfied, your only remedy is to remove your details from our system and stop communicating with us.
14. Indemnity – if someone brings a claim against CHiPRA (whether against the association or any of its members, directors, or officers) based on a harm you caused, you agree to reimburse us for any costs we incur in defending against that claim, including reasonable attorneys’ fees as well as damages.
15. Disputes Between Members; Waiver of Claims Against CHiPRA – in the real world and online, neighbours sometimes disagree. If you have a dispute with another Cane HIll Park estate resident, we hope that you will be able to work it out amicably. However, if you cannot please understand that CHiPRA is not responsible for the actions of the residents; each member is responsible for their own actions and behaviour, whether through CHiPRA Services or chatting over the back fence. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you release us (and our officers, directors, members, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
16. General – this agreement does not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, joint controllership, employment or franchise relationship. To the extent allowed by applicable law, the English version of this Agreement is binding. Except as provided in subsection (e) of this Arbitration Agreement, if any part or parts of this Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Our failure to act in a particular circumstance does not waive our right to act with respect to that or other circumstances. We shall be excused for any problem due to a circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
Last updated: January 2020